One of our Corporate Responsibility aims is to be recognised for the significant contribution we make to UK drama at grass-roots level.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Continuing to invest in drama through the employment, training and development of our employees and freelancers by commissioning new and returning programmes
- Developing closer working relationships with regional theatre organisations and other drama related groups
- Developing a more formalised Drama Writers scheme and internship programme to find and develop new diverse talent and content for our programmes
- Encouraging more of our employees to volunteer their skills and experience to help develop creative skills within our local communities
- Inspiring young talent through the power of story telling skills through our Work Inspiration programme.
Our impact will be:
- Contributing to the economic sustainability of the creative industry, in particular outside of London
- New and diverse talent for ITV and the industry
- Growth and cross fertilisation of audiences between TV Drama and theatre
- Wider sharing of skills and experience within our regions
- Young people equipped and motivated to consider careers within the creative industry